Parent involvement at PPNS preschool is the lifeblood of our school and makes it a unique, fun opportunity for children and parents alike. As a bonus, active member involvement allows us to keep tuition reasonable. Our members form strong, cooperative relationships as we work together to operate and improve our school for our children and the many more who walk through our doors year after year.
How parents participate
- Participation Shifts: Parents (or other family representative, i.e. grandparent or auntie) spend two (2) days a month assisting teachers and performing light cleaning duties. This is always a special day for the kids! They love to introduce you to their new friends and favorite toys. For children enrolled on a Tuesday/Thursday schedule, only one (1) participation shift is required per month.
- Committee: Monthly involvement with a committee helps with the overall operation and maintenance of the school. Such committees contribute in important domains like fundraising, media & public relations, and both indoor and outdoor maintenance.
- Fundraising: Participation in two (2) fun events each year helps supplement the school’s income.
- Work Parties: Participate in two (2) annual meetups to complete do-it-yourself projects to maintain and improve the school.
- Membership Meeting: Hosted by the Board or Directors at 6pm on the first Wednesday every month (August-May), Membership meetings is when parents gather with the Teachers and Board to go over school events and curriculum, get to know each other, and share thoughts on improving the school.