Parent involvement at PPNS preschool is the lifeblood of our school and makes it a unique, fun opportunity for children and parents alike. As a bonus, active member involvement allows us to keep tuition reasonable. Our members form strong, cooperative relationships as we work together to operate and improve our school.
How parents participate
- School helper: Parents (or aunties/tutus/papas) spend two days a month assisting teachers and performing light cleaning duties. This is always a special day for the kids! They love to introduce you to their new friends and favorite toys. For children enrolled on a Tuesday/Thursday schedule, only one (1) participation day, per month, is required.
- Monthly Job: Choose a simple task to help with the operation or maintenance of the school. These range from simple cleaning to website updates or school photographer.
- Fundraising: Assist with 1 – 2 fun events each year to supplement the school’s income including school portraits and a garage sale.
- Work Parties: Two annual meetups to complete do-it-yourself projects to maintain and improve the school.
- Monthly Membership Meeting: This is how we stay up to date with school events, get to know each other, and share thoughts on improving the school.